Saturday, November 5, 2011

Porkin'!

Every time I cook pork, I think of this story my mom tells. When they were little, someone asked her brother what his favorite kind of beans was. He promptly replied "porkin'!" (aka pork and beans.) Hehehe. It makes me smile every time.

I've made this recipe once before and decided to give it another go. Last time I cut the pork in little tiny medallions, but this time I went for bigger slices. My husband liked it last time, but he LOVED it this time, so I guess bigger is better!

Here's where I got the recipe originally.

Maple Rosemary Glazed Pork
Ingredients:
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp dried rosemary (or 2 tsp fresh)
4 thick sliced pork chops or pork loin
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Season both sides of each pork chop/pork loin slice with the salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy bottom skillet over med-high heat. When the oil starts to smoke, add pork to the skillet. Sear approx 3 minutes on each side until well browned. Transfer to a baking sheet (I cover mine in parchment paper) and set aside.
3. Drain the fat off of the skillet, add the syrup and rosemary. Cook about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant. Put the pork back into the skillet to coat with the glaze (I make sure both sides are coated well), then put back on the baking sheet.
4. Place pork in the preheated oven and cook 15-20 minutes. Allow to rest a few minutes before serving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment